Saturday, August 25, 2012

Job season again

It is that time of year again, and hopefully the last time I'll need to be on the job market.  I have been watching several online resources for academic jobs and am excited to announce that as of today there are 10 jobs I am going to be applying for.  Last year I applied to 17, got 2 interviews and one offer.  I need my stats to improve slightly but if that happens then hopefully I'll get the offer for one of these ten positions. I'm not going to say specifically what schools I am applying to but they range from CA to MN, IL, MD, NY, IN and MA (I am very excited about the MA jobs-yes, multiple posting in MA). It would be so nice to be near the brothers and sisters again.   Skype and Face time do a great job letting me see family but it is not the same and being with family.  I don't think Mike is super excited about cold winters but if I promise he can go snowboarding we might be able to work things out.

I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment