Saturday, March 28, 2015

Where has the time gone?

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted anything.  I don't actually know if anyone reads this anymore.  I feel like blogs are kind of 2005 not 2015 but I don't tweet or have instagram so I guess I'll just stay in my archaic medium.

Life here in IL is good.  Mike is still loving his job although it takes him away from home a lot.  His position allows him to constantly learn new things and that is definitely the type of job that he likes.  One of his main problems with grad school was after a while, he was using the same techniques to answer new questions but the daily grind became repetitive. Now, everyday he gets new questions from his reps or is learning how a different scope system works.

My job is also going well.  I also love my job but there are aspects that I don't love (like working every night and weekend).  I know my teacher friends know what I am talking about.  Whether you are teaching K-12 or college, every one has class prep, grading, and then extra "situations" with students (both good and bad).  I'm about to start my spring term (which means 11 weeks until summer).  Summer can't come soon enough.  I love it when I can come home from doing research and have my nights to myself.

Cali is starting to show her age but is otherwise healthy.  For those of you who knew her when we got her 6 years ago, I could take her to the dog park for hours every day. We forgo the dog park nowadays because her shoulder and rear leg joints don't do well with the jumping and tearing after tennis balls.  I can't control how people at the park throw the ball for her (i.e. up in the air thus making her jump) so we don't go.  We do go for a ton of walks (even though it is friggin' cold here) so she gets her exercise.  She self limits her exercise.  One day last week the temp was in the high 60s so I took her for a 1.25 mile walk when I got home from work.  A few hours later, at dusk, it was still that warm so I wanted to take her out again to enjoy the sunset.  We only made it .25 miles from home when she sat down and wouldn't go any further.  So we turned around and went home-what dog doesn't want to go for 2 walks?? Mine.

Here is a picture of the sunset that night.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment