Its been two weeks since we've moved and added Cali to our family. We are finally settling in. I no longer need an alarm clock since Cali wakes me up between 6:30 and 7 am every morning. On the weekends I can ignore her until around 8 am but after that she is relentless. This new schedule doesn't seem to bother Mike any as he stays in bed asleep for several hours longer! We also have quite the exercise regime in place. I had to take a nap on Saturday to recover from it. Perhaps we should have gotten a lower energy dog? Nah...that would be boring!
I'm winding down work in the Burridge lab and officially start at Duke May 4 (keep your fingers crossed the paper is accepted). Its seems almost surreal to be saying goodbye to this place after so long. I can honestly say I'm excited to be starting a new adventure and a new scientific project. I feel like I've grown all I can here. As excited as I am about starting a new job, I'm extremely sad to be leaving so many good friends here. Lucky for me we still live in Carrboro and I'm only going a few miles down Tobacco Road (I know, its to the "bad" end but what can I do?). I'm going to enjoy the next 4 weeks but will also be sad to see them pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment