After 11 years in North Carolina we are making our way to the middle of the country. Wish us luck!
Monday, April 20, 2009
"The end of an Era"
That's what my friend Michelle called it. Friday was my last day in the Burridge Lab. It was a sad day but also one filled with new beginnings. Of course I'm sad to leave my friends. Several of them are like family and I feel like I've known them forever. Mike reminded me that I still live near them, I just don't work with them anymore. I'm afraid that I won't see them very often, but Mike reminded me again that I see my friends Laura, Rebecca, and Jessica and I don't work with them. I may not see those girls everyday but everyday they are still my friends. As frustrated I as was with graduate school, joining the Burridge lab was a good decision. I've met and worked with wonderful people, had the freedom to explore a project that I wanted (also a curse), and grew in ways I didn't expect. I'm ready for the next adventure. Fruit flies here I come!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment