My life pretty much revolves around this dog. We both love having her and find ourselves trying to include her in a lot of what we do. For example, we take her to our friends house (Thanks Rob and Erika!), to Friday's at the Front Porch at the Carolina Inn, to gelato in Southern Village, and to Ultimate Frisbee with Mike's friends. One of our favorite things to do is take her to the dog park.Here is Cali at the dog park. She loves going there. Its not really about the other dogs but about chasing her tennis ball. We try and take her at least 3 times a week. Sometimes we go
more since she gets a lot of exercise and Mike and I can just stand there. She doesn't realize it yet but we are going to have to cut back on our trips once the real NC summer heat hits us. Or maybe I'll just get up at 6 am and take her...yeah right!One way to try and counter the heat is to have a way to cool off Cali after we play ball. We decided, ok I decided and Mike humored me, to get Cali her very own pool. I picked up this pool at Toys R Us. It almost didn't fit into my car but after some shoving I got it in. Cali was skeptical at first and just wanted to drink out of it. Once Mike got in he was able to lure her in as well. He got her to sit down but she wanted nothing to do with actually lying down. We'll take it in baby steps. Maybe next weekend...

No comments:
Post a Comment