Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Cali Monster Strikes Again

Apparently Cali has something against plants. I know that she enjoys eating grass and you've read below what she did to the poor basil plant. I went to a friends bridal shower on Saturday. One of our favors was a lovely little spider plant. When I got home from the shower I placed the plant on the kitchen table and turned to get some laundry started. As I was loading the washing machine I hear Cali behind me playing with something. I turn my head and this is what I see first.
When I look further I see Cali with a plant in her mouth shaking it back and forth, determined to kill it. I called her name and she stopped and stared at me. I was laughing by this point but managed to kennel her (to avoid her walking on the dirt) and got the vacuum cleaner. Before I cleaned up I snapped this picture of the poor spider plant where it lay after being released from her jaws.

I guess this means that house plants are not in our foreseeable future. I hope she doesn't try and play with the Christmas tree! Unfortunately the spider plant was not able to survive its injuries. However I am happy to report that Mr. Basil is doing well and if all looks good he will be transplanted to new pot (outside) the middle of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment