After 11 years in North Carolina we are making our way to the middle of the country. Wish us luck!
Monday, May 4, 2009
My first day at Duke
I'm sure some of you have been waiting to hear how my first day at (gasp) DUKE was.... Although they may be the Blue Devils and we love to hate them, I had a wonderful day at the Kiehart lab and I work with great people. Sure I was only there for just under 9 hours but everyone was so nice and helpful. I have my own desk and locking filing cabinet (no stolen wallet by a crack whore here!) and my own bench with a set of micro-pipetters! And my new bench is even bigger than my old bench, if you can believe that. Tomorrow I have an exciting day of lab meeting, paper reading and isolating Drosophila ovaries. Not exactly sure how to do that last one but I'll update you once I figure it out. I miss my friends in the Burridge lab but I am very excited to be starting a new scientific adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment