Many of you know my graduate advisor, whether because you have also worked at UNC or you came to my graduation party at his house or maybe you just came to visit me and of course I took you to the lab "just to do one thing". He is a pretty remarkable guy, both as a scientist but also as a person. I have never had a boss (and likely never will again) who cared about me as a whole person as much as Keith. What I mean by this is that of course my work and my progress in the lab was important to him but he also got to know me, asked questions about my family, talked basketball and dog training, and still is helping me with my career by writing countless letters for my job applications. I'm always welcomed into his home for a cup of tea or a beer and find myself there way too long because talking with him and his wife and daughter is such a joy.
What you may not know about Keith is that he also a playwright. He had one of his short plays performed in England a few years ago,and just recently here in NC he had his most recent play "dramatically read" (no costumes or set but real actors reading the play). Unfortunately we were in CA when this happened so we couldn't be there to see it ourselves but UNC made this nice piece on him so I thought I would share it.
http://news.unchealthcare.org/news/2013/january/real-doctors-real-people-keith-burridge.
Or try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_j3LAo6LD8
Click on the YouTube video to watch it.
No comments:
Post a Comment