I'm back from my interview. If I had written this post 48 hours ago I would have said that the interview was great, the people were warm and friendly, the atmosphere for teaching was supportive, their expectations are balanced with what they have to offer/going on, and I was awesome. Today, however, I am writing all the same things except the last part. Was I awesome?
I don't think I was bad by any means but as I've had time (usually early in the mornings as I just wake up) to think about this conversation or that presentation I begin to wonder "should I have said that?" "I can't believe I didn't take more time to explain that". Self Doubt. I'm horrible about self-doubt. As I repeat the interactions with people in my mind I agonize over whether that was the "right" answer. I'm comforted by the fact that I almost always say "Yes, that was how I feel/felt or how I would teach X". So I think I put my best foot forward and I was true to myself. And now we wait....
Luckily I have some awesome friends who are helping me wait by fun dinners out, afternoons in the city, and food clubs to socialize at. Which might actually make things way harder if the answer I get from this school is "Yes."
No comments:
Post a Comment