I have accepted a position as a tenure-track assistant professor at a small liberal arts college! My years of hard work have finally paid off :) Mike and I are very excited to be starting this next phase of our lives together and we will be moving to the Midwest. Don't worry, it is in an urban area near lots of stuff so he should be able to survive there. The decision to move there does show me how much he loves me and is willing to give up his dream of moving back to CA. Maybe someday we will get to CA but not in the foreseeable future.
We will be sad to leave NC this summer and I guess this means I need to change the title of the blog. Perhaps new titles could be "Life post-NC", "Surviving the tenure-track", or "Why did I think this was a good idea?" I guess we will just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment