Saturday, February 23, 2013

More baking

I had to share this recipe.  A guy from my lab gave it to me and it was so simple and very good.  I've never made bread before because we don't have a bread machine and I wasn't into the kneading and rising over and over again.  But this was so easy.

http://www.simplysogood.com/2010/03/crusty-bread.html#.URk5i0iTmeU.gmail

You mix your ingredients together and then leave them in the bowl on the counter overnight.  In the morning you heat up your oven and pot that you cook it in for 30 mins.  Meanwhile you dump your dough out onto a floured board and shape it into a circle.  Cover it will saran wrap while your pot heats up.  Then put the dough in the hot pot in the over, cover, bake for 30 mins, uncover, bake for 15 mins more and you are done.

I put greek olives in my bread because I love love love olive bread!  This is the dough right after I mixed it and it is about to spend the night on the counter.

This is my finished product.  Like I said earlier, this was so easy and so good!  Next time I'm going to try cheddar bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment