Saturday, July 20, 2013

NC BBQ!

We couldn't leave NC without eating at Allen and Sons one more time.  We drove down to the Pittsboro store on Thursday for dinner and were not disappointed.  I was thinking back to the first time I had NC BBQ-it was at my interview for grad school.  Andrew Morris (I know, right) took me there for my faculty lunch.  Pat and Vytas were there with their recruits too.  They made me get sweet tea and it was disgusting but I did like the pork (although I still preferred tomato based better).  After 12 years in the state I can now say that I truly enjoy their vinegar-based BBQ, hush puppies and cole slaw and I'm really going to miss it.  I splurged and got fried pickles too!



No, Mike isn't upset here-he just didn't want me to take his picture.  However, I think he's pretty sad that this is his last plate of BBQ for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment